Our commitment to you
Your security and privacy is important to us.
1. What is your personal information?
2. What personal information do we collect and hold?
The personal information about you that may be collected and held by Mangano IT includes your name, address, telephone number, email address, employer or business details, financial information (including bank account and credit card details), details about your purchases and orders from us and (if you apply for employment with Mangano IT) details about your employment history and educational qualifications.
In addition, if you contact us by telephone, we may record that telephone conversation and retain a record of that call. If we propose to record a telephone conversation, we will ask you at the beginning of the call whether you have any objections to the recording. If you object to the recording of the call we will make other arrangements for speaking with you.
3. How do we collect your personal information?
- visit or call our offices;
- contact us by email;
- subscribe to any of our mailing lists;
- make any inquiries regarding, or purchase, any of our services or products (whether on your own behalf or on behalf of your employer or any other third party); or
- apply for employment with us.
If you (or your employer) is a supplier of products or services to us, we may collect your personal information in connection with the supply of those products and services to Mangano IT.
We may collect your personal information directly from the third parties listed below:
- your employer;
- our service or product providers;
- our business affiliates;
- credit agencies or government agencies; and
- if you apply for employment with us, persons nominated by you as referees.
4. For what purposes do we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes, all of which are required for us to carry on our business and provide the best possible products and services to you:
- to provide advice regarding our products and services to you (or to arrange for others to do so at our request);
- to provide our products and services to you or, where applicable, your employer or another third party;
- to charge for products and services we provide, including to prepare invoices and sales records for such purchases;
- to manage our client and business relationships;
- to send communications requested by you (including in respect of areas of interest you may indicate to us), including regarding special offers, information regarding new products and services and offers from third parties;
- to promote and advertise our products and services (including by including your feedback in our advertising);
- to monitor our sales of products and services and for quality control purposes, including undertaking customer surveys and analysis;
- to operate the Mangano IT website;
- to maintain and update our records;
- to process and respond to any feedback provided, or complaints made, by you;
- to recruit employees;
- in the case of our suppliers, to manage the provision of products and services to us;
- for the purpose of considering any merger with another business or sale of all or the majority of our assets or equity;
- to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a governmental authority or regulator, or to cooperate with any governmental authority of any country;
- any other purpose approved by you at the time the relevant personal information is collected; and
- for purposes directly related to any of the above.
When required for or in connection with any of the purposes listed above, we may disclose your personal information to our contractors and suppliers, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, marketing services providers, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, any person with whom we may enter into any agreement for the merger or sale of all or part of our business, our professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants and, if required or authorised by law, law enforcement or government authorities or regulators. We may also disclose your personal information to any other person or organisation approved by you.
5. Direct Marketing
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services that we consider might be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, fax and email, in accordance with all applicable laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method wherever practicable to do so. At any time you may opt out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting our Privacy Officer (see details below) or by using the opt out facilities provided in the marketing communications.
We do not provide your personal information to other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing without consent by you.
6. Do we disclose your personal information to anyone outside Australia?
We may disclose personal information to third party suppliers located overseas for any of the purposes listed in section 4. The jurisdictions in which these entities may be located include the United States, Singapore, New Zealand and Ireland.
7. How can I access, change or delete information?
You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us. To make a request, please contact our Privacy Officer (see details below). You may be asked to provide information to allow us to confirm your identity at the time a request is made.
As soon as practicable after your request is received, we will give you access to your personal information that you are entitled to receive. There may be times when we cannot grant you access to your personal information that we hold. For example, if access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality or law, we will not be required to grant you access. We will let you know if you cannot access any of your personal information, and why that access cannot be provided, when we respond to your request for access to that information.
If you believe that the personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, you may request us to amend it by contacting our Privacy Officer (see details below). We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
You may also have your personal information deleted from our systems. You should be aware that we are required by law to retain certain personal information and any such information will not be deleted. We will let you know if we cannot delete your personal information for legal or other reasons. Of course, if your personal information has been deleted and you wish to engage with Mangano IT at a later time, it may be necessary for you to provide your personal information to us again at that time.
We will not charge you for providing access to your personal information held by us or for making any corrections to, or deleting, that personal information.
8. Holding your personal information and security
As the internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online or by email. We cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, any information which you transmit to us online or by email is transmitted at your own risk.
9. Links to third party sites
The Mangano IT website may contain links to third party websites as a service to our clients. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party and we are not responsible for those privacy policies or the content of any third party website. We encourage you to review and understand the privacy policies of the relevant third parties before providing any personal information to them.
10. Contact our Privacy Officer
If you have a complaint regarding the treatment of your personal information by Mangano IT that is not resolved by our Privacy Officer, you may be able to make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner, see https://www.oaic.gov.au/individuals/how-do-i-make-a-privacy-complaint.
12. General Privacy Information
General information about privacy and your privacy rights may be found on the website of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner here: http://www.oaic.gov.au/.